Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Extraction: Round 1

My bees are not done capping all of their honey so I decided to take off the majority of it.
The honey looks great again this year. I was able to find a home for two 30lb pails of honey which I sold at a wholesale price because I was given the pails and it was fairly easy to fill. It also saved me the task of bottling them; labeling them and selling them individually.

Here is the current tally of what my hives have given to date:
Blue hive:                                                                            White hive:
1 deep box =     56 lbs + wax honey                                    1 deep box = 56 lbs + wax honey
2 med boxes =  52 lbs + wax honey                                    1 med box  =  26 lbs + wax honey
TOTAL            108 lbs + some extra (in cappings)            TOTAL           82 lbs
Grand Total: 190 lbs so far (from two hives; was a single hive June 13)
I have still have 2 deep boxes (113lbs + wax honey) + 1 med from another hive at home (26lbs + wax honey) = total of 130lbs more left to extract...

No comments:

Post a Comment