Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mead: Bottled

 My mead had now been bottled. It was long over due to be bottled and I finally got around to doing it tonight.
Boiling the corks to make them expand and soft
 I boiled the corks and let them cool down before pushing them into the bottles.
What I got with 3 Ga. of mead: 9lbs of honey

Natural Sack mead on left, Dry mead on right. Different Honey sources.
It is ready for consuming, so I did some 'testing' and I am quite happy with the results. I particularly like my dry mead which is the clearest. It is 2 1/2 lbs of my honey and the rest is water! It looks fantastic and tastes great. It actually has quite a good after taste.

The law states that I am not allowed to sell my mead unless I have a liquor license, etc. I can give it away as Christmas gifts though. They make for interesting dinner gifts. I hope they taste better than turpentine. I suppose I should be working on a couple of labels!

No comments:

Post a Comment