Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Internationally acclaimed Honey...

Okay, Okay... I may be exaggerating slightly. But my sister is in France learning the secrets of cheese making and she brought along a couple of pounds of my honey to give as gifts. The family she is living with really enjoyed the honey and eat it on everything! The one boy even claims that the honey soothed his cough.
Filling jars with honey
One of my sisters' bosses claims that trying my honey has pushed him into becoming a hobby beekeeper and having a few hives on his farm. I told my sister to warn him of the addictiveness of beekeeping and of all of the necessary hours needed to be successful.

It seems as though my family and friends who know that I keep bees are inadvertently interested in bees now. Everyone is becoming more aware of the plight of the honey bee. If my one pound of honey has made another beekeeper, then it was a pound well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment