Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Welcome to my blog!

The weather has been between -6C to -10C for the last week and so my bees have been huddling to keep warm. But upon further inspection I found that they have actually been pulling out some of the dead!

Here are the pictures of my bee yard.


 

Below is my winterized double single box stand. There are 2 single box hives side by side. The entrances are under the flap. It is insulated with 2" insulation on each side and the top and bottom. There are also wood shavings above the inner covers to absorb moisture. They were also pulling out their dead.





 

 

The weather is supposed to be above 0C in the next coming days. This should give the bees a bit of a break and allow them to clean out the hives further.

No comments:

Post a Comment